Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 8 (8/24-8/28)

Last week one of our lifts was having issues with its headlights. This particular lift is used by the airplane mechanics to work on the planes at the airport. They said it was an on going problem of the headlights getting dimmer and dimmer. After hooking up a multimeter I found that the was a voltage drop of about four volts on the passenger side. I traced the wire back to find some "custom" wiring where an aftermarket connection that was made and had come loose and became corroded. After replacing this chunk of wire, both headlights were working at full capacity. I checked the driver side wiring just in case to confirm that no other "custom" wiring jobs would be an issue later down the road.

Unfortunately, I forgot to get the pictures from my co worker but will get those by tomorrow to post here to show. 

Hours last week: 32
Running total: 237.25

1 comment: