Monday, June 22, 2015

6/15-6/20 King Pin, Alignments,

This last week we learned how to properly remove a king pin. Cody and I removed the pin from the red Freightliner in the shop. Instead of bushings it had pin bearings, the argument was that these would last longer than bushings and withstand more heat and abuse than normal bushings. I learned a lot from this process, I feel confident that I will be able to remove a king pin in the future much more quickly than this time around. When we re-installed the king pin we torqued the locking pins to 30ft-lbs, replaced the caps, and finally placed the retaining rings back into place.  


King Pin
Removing the locking pins via a brass drift 
Torquing the locking pins





Alignment Pictures
via laser



Via tape measure

Adjustment





BTC Hours: 16
Total Hours: 337.5

1 comment:

  1. About time...task times are improved on in the field. I'm more focused on the fact that you can find information and successfully accomplish the task, correctly, than I am about the time taken.

    Accuracy and then speed. (-;

    ReplyDelete